Friday, June 13, 2008

Fred Hobbs is Skeptical about Obama

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60813

Nashville City Paper [TN]
13 June 2008

Superdelegate Davis slow to endorse Obama

By John Rodgers

The rise of Sen. Barack Obama, to become the Democrats' presidential nominee has put most of his party's faithful on his bandwagon - but not Lincoln Davis, a rural Tennessee Congressman with gubernatorial ambitions. [...]

Fred Hobbs, a state Democratic Party Executive Committee member representing part of Davis' district, said he understands why Davis is not endorsing Obama and is "skeptical" of the Illinois senator himself.

"Maybe [it's] the same reason I don't want to - I don't exactly approve of a lot of the things he stands for and I'm not sure we know enough about him," Hobbs said when asked why he thought Davis wasn't endorsing Obama. "He's got some bad connections, and he may be terrorist connected for all I can tell. It sounds kind of like he may be." [...]

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/jun/18/tennessee-democrat-apologizes-over-obama-terrorism/?local

Chattanooga Times Free Press [TN]
18 June 2008

Tennessee Democrat apologizes over Obama 'terrorism connected' remark

By: Andy Sher

NASHVILLE - A member of Tennessee's Democratic Executive Committee is apologizing to fellow Democrats for suggesting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama may have connections to terrorists.

"My statement that Senator Obama `may be terrorist-connected' was incorrect and I apologize for making it," former state Rep. Fred Hobbs said in a letter to fellow Democratic Executive Committee members.

Mr. Hobbs, a former Eagleville mayor, said his comments "did reflect questions I had after what I had seen reported on Fox News, but I should have taken some time to check the accuracy of what I saw on television before speaking publicly." [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment